In this blog you will learn:
1. How to ensure the biggest environmental impact with your wedding registry
2. How to effectively add Everlastly to your website on The Knot (video)... and what to avoid!
3. How to effectively add Everlastly to your website on Zola (video)...and what to avoid!
We know you’ve got plenty of options and we’re thrilled that you chose to register with Everlastly. If you’re the kind of person who cares about helping the planet–and we’re willing to bet you are–you can take your impact further by letting your friends and family know that Everlastly is your first choice because making eco-conscious purchases matters to you.
The simplest way to do this is to make sure your guests will see Everlastly first and most prominently on your wedding website. When you send out invitations, whether digital or in print, you can include a link to your Everlastly there too.
Your guests will be more inclined to buy you a truly sustainable gift through Everlastly if they know that Everlastly is your top choice–and they might even start to think more environmentally when they make their own purchases in the future!
Our goal: get as many of your guests to buy from Everlastly, thereby confirming your statement that buying eco-friendly products will ultimately have a positive impact on our world.
In this blog we’ll walk you through what it means to make Everlastly your primary registry, and how you can do it in just a couple of minutes if you’re building your wedding website on popular wedding websites including Zola and The Knot.
Making Everlastly Your Primary Registry on The Knot
If you choose The Knot as your wedding website host, there are a couple of different ways to make Everlastly your primary registry. You can either link your registry to your wedding website or you can create a custom page that directs your guests to your Everlastly registry.
To keep your Everlastly registry front and center, we recommend you create a custom page on your wedding website. Here is a video on how to do that:
Creating a Custom Registry Page on The Knot
- Follow the Knot's instructions to create your wedding website and add all your wedding details.
- Select “Add a custom page” at the bottom of the website builder dashboard and name your page
- Once you create your Everlastly Registry page, you can easily add more information:
- Create a title for the page (ie. “My Sustainable Registry”)
- Add a description of Everlastly (ie. Everlastly is a sustainable wedding registry that researches the environmental impact of each product - they do the research for you!)
- Add your unique Everlastly registry link. Hyperlink your Everlastly registry link to your page’s copy. Note - you can find your Everlastly custom registry link from your Everlastly Registry Dashboard here.
- You can also add a photo to this page. See example below.
In addition to creating your custom “My Sustainable Registry” page on your site, you can also link your Everlastly registry to The Knot page so it doesn’t get lost among other registries you might be using. Learn more here.
What To Avoid
The Knot has an option “Add Anything from Anywhere.” While this is a convenient option, we do not recommend using this feature because this feature does not sync purchases with your Everlastly registry. This means that if a guest purchases an item this way it will not be tracked in your Everlastly Registry, which could result in duplicate gifts, and your guest will not be able to see important information about your registry, including where to ship the gift.
Making Everlastly Your Primary Registry on Zola
Like The Knot, Zola allows you to add registries in multiple ways to your wedding website.
Zola has their own registry store, but if you prefer to use registries from other sites like Everlastly you can do that too!
Adding a Custom Registry Page on Zola
Our recommendation is to add a custom Registry page on your Zola wedding website called “My Sustainable Registry”' (or something similar). This way you can effectively communicate to your guests why you chose an Everlastly registry. Here is a video on how to add your registry to Zola.
- Once you set up your Zola website navigate to the ‘Registry’ section
Scroll down to the section that says ‘Link to other registries on your site’ then click ‘Add Another Registry’
- Add your Everlastly custom link from your Everlastly Registry Dashboard.
- Include a note telling your guests about Everlastly and our mission (ie. “Everlastly is a sustainable wedding registry that researches the environmental impact of each product - they do the research for you!”)
Your Everlastly Registry will be added to your Zola Website under the Registry Tab.
If you only include your Everlastly registry on Zola, Everlastly will be featured as your primary registry. Otherwise, Zola’s own registry or registries from their official registry partners will take precedence.
What To Avoid
Similar to The Knot, Zola has an option to add gifts individually from other stores using the Zola Extension feature. We do not recommend using this feature because the process can be clunky and and any items purchased this way will not be synced with your Everlastly registry.
We’re Here To Help
Without eco-conscious consumers like you, Everlastly wouldn’t be here, so thanks for choosing to register with us. If you run into any issues as you build your registry and add it to your wedding website on Zola, The Knot or anywhere else, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We can help you make Everlastly your primary registry so your guests know what matters most to you.
Everlastly connects you with sustainable products to help you create an eco-friendly wedding registry. Every product we carry has been independently researched, and rated for quality and sustainability with our Evergrade index. Any items that don’t meet our high standards simply don’t make the cut, so you can feel good about every choice you make.
When you register Everlastly, you can be confident that you’ll receive responsibly made gifts that will last for years to come.