Sablo Dinner Plate - Set of 4
Ceramic Stoneware Plates - SABLO were designed by Frederike Martens, a German industrial designer with emphasis on glass and ceramics. Frederike designed the SABLO line taking inspiration from the natural materials of sand, clay and water. The shapes are soft and inviting with pleasantly rounded edges and a slightly rough surface in some areas and glazed in others. SABLO stoneware is made from colored clay and a unique mix of quartz, minerals and oxide. Stoneware is defined as a group of ceramic products and is used to produce plates, dishes, cachepots and bowls, molded at very high temperatures using special casting techniques. The high temperature during the firing process ensure stoneware is more stable than clay and less translucent than porcelain. The colors, shapes, appearance of the glaze as well as the overall look depend on the firing temperature and time and may vary slightly from piece to piece - each piece is unique and may show individual structures and shades. The clay of SABLO is fired at a very high temperature, therefore doesn't require all over glazing.
- Dinner Plate is 10" diameter x .5" / 26cm x 1.3cm
- The glazed portion of Cloud is a beautiful cloud color of white/beige with a slight grey undertone
- The glazed portion of Stone is a light grey color with blue undertone
- The glazed portion of Savannah is a warm summery color of deep yellow
- The textured, unglazed portion is a soft beige reminiscent of the natural sand and clay from which the piece is made, and the slight speckled look harmonizes the color combination of the glazed and unglazed areas.
- Weight: 5.9 Pounds
- Dimensions: 10.24" x 10.24" x 2"
- Primary Materials: Stoneware
- Country of Origin: China
- Everlastly ID: 007662
Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $150 For A Limited Time. See Shipping Policy page for details.
More from Blomus
Founded in 1961 and rooted in the German tradition of exceptional quality and highly skilled craftsmanship, Blomus has built thier success on a firm belief in the honesty of materials, the purity of shape, and the necessity of a passionate approach. Incorporating sustainability and quality has made blomus a lovely provider of interior design and accessories to last and be loved for generations to come.Shop All Blomus